Bookkeeping, Accounts & Payroll Bureau Service

Bookkeeping, Payroll Bureau Service Inc. RTI, Management Reports, VAT Returns, Draft Year End Accounts for Audit, Cash Flow


What is a P60?

Your P60 is the summary of your pay and the tax that's been deducted from it in the tax year.

Your employer should provide you with a P60 to keep as a record at the end of every tax year (which runs from 6 April to 5 April the next year). If your employer doesn't give you a P60 at the end of the tax year, ask for it - you're entitled to it by law if you are still working for the employer at 5 April.

You might need it:

  • to complete a Self Assessment tax return, if this applies to you
  • to claim back any tax you've overpaid
  • to apply for tax credits

You may also need it as proof of your income if you apply for a loan or a mortgage - so it's important to keep all your P60s safe you are not entitled to a copy.

From the 2010-11 tax year onwards a form P60 can be provided on paper or electronically. Before you are provided with an electronic version, your employer may contact you to confirm you agree to receive your P60 electronically. They will need to ensure that you have access to secure facilities to view and print a copy. Where this is not possible you can agree an email address with your employer that the P60 can be sent to.


Payroll Services | Our Services | Draft Accounts